Well I finally sat down and watched all of Bridgerton. The postpartum hormones always dictate that I must binge a period romance, so I knew this show would hit just right.
1. Important things first: Simon’s butt looks totally fake. Who has a butt like that?? Like two perfect cocoa bowling balls side by side.
2. I like how the bun on Lady Danbury’s head keeps drooping to the side because honestly girl, same.
3 Pretty cool to see minorities in roles that I otherwise wouldn’t see them perform.
4 Why the f does Daphne look like an exact replica of the Wendy Darling cartoon?
5 This is a hecka spicy show. This is two chili symbols on a Thai menu spicy.
6 Wow Simon’s sperm donor of a father is the human equivalent of rat poison.
7. Wait, wait, wait you can have sex on a ladder!?!? Is that possible?
8. Oh, the staircase now? These people have a step fetish.
9 I told Dan that for some reason the swelling orchestral pop covers during the sex scenes made me blush/cringe more. He asked me if I’d rather have 70s porno music and like … maybe??? Idk why it’s so embarrassing to me
10 It’s season two and where is Simon? Simon is just gone now. This major character is a passing commentary now.
11. Why don’t I remember season two as well as season one? All I remember is that Edwina didn’t deserve any of this.
12 Kate has insanely beautiful cheekbones. Is there a better way to say this? Bone structure? “Girl. Nice skull. Good job growing that.”
13. This gazebo has seen more action than I have all summer.
14 Look I’ll say it, Colin Bridgerton is the most naïve dude. Unpopular opinion, but maybe Penn is too good for him after all. She’s definitely too smart for him anyway.
15 Maybe this is me projecting my own neurodivergence, but at first I really disliked Eustace… Wait wtf that’s not her name. That’s the old man from Courage the Cowardly Dog. Eunice? … Eloise!!! WOW. ok. Anyways at first I found her character irritating but after finishing the series I decided that actually no, she is the best one. She is the best Bridgerton. Next season can be her season and all the subsequent seasons like I don’t really care.
16 PS after Googling Eloise’s name I found out Julie Andrews does the voice-over for Lady Whistledown wtf. How did I not piece that together myself???
17 Why do I have such a weakness for men with trauma-induced quirks? THAT STUTTER. THAT FEAR OF BEES.
18 Welp. I finished that in two days… When does season three come out?